Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 60 - Fireflies!

Thanks for everyone's offers of money. I obtained a new ATM card by signing up for a new checking account, and I can transfer money around via the Power of the Internets®, so I've got cash again.

I'm just inside Missouri now, and wish to extend my thanks to Kansas for its flat-ass roads and lack of freezing temperatures. Kansas, you're the best!

Here, at the foothills of the Ozarks, the country is leafy and dotted with ponds. The green hills roll steeply up and plunge steeply down, like a rollercoaster, getting roller-coastier the farther east you go. Best of all, at night there are fireflies.

I stayed at a hunting lodge with 2 other cyclists, both also riding solo and both heading east. Good guys, it will be great to see them on the road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment