Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 10 - Stealth Camping

Tonight's my first night of camping on the sly. It's tricky, because you want to be hidden far enough away from the road not to catch the attention of passing serial killers, but not so far into unknown territory that you wake up on somebody's lawn.

I'm camped off HWY 7, on timber company land, about 200 yards down a small hill, next to a pretty little stream. There are a few snake holes around, but my tent hangs off the ground, so they can slither around underneath me all night with no one getting offended.

I saw a badger earlier. A big golden fat one, digging his burrow in the dirt. He hauled ass when he saw me, but there was no need to, as the market for badger pelts has dried up and I do not pack a musket.





No comments:

Post a Comment