Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 3 - Repairs

Yesterday a mysterious clicking developed from someplace in my drivetrain. I've tightened all the tightenable parts, but it persists.
This could be nothing, or it could be the ticking of a time-bomb. Stay tuned for the exciting (or boring) conclusion!

Also, during the dramatic wheel-dipping ceremony, I accidentally dropped the bike into the sand, coating the oiled parts like a sugar donut. This is horrible for a bicycle, like pedaling it through sandpaper. I spent part of the morning cleaning every crevice out with a toothbrush.

After just 2 days of riding, my Achilles tendon is swollen and painful. The last time I had an Achilles problem it took weeks to heal and pedalling made it worse. Worry, worry, worry.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'll admit it, this is very worrisome. Crossing my fingers. But the pictures are extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete